Monday, February 27, 2012

Academic Assembly Play By Play Part 3

Happiness just finished their opener and have moved onto their second number, Jet Set. Marie Treangan has the solo at the beginning of the show and she is truly amazing. Jet Set is the only song done by Happiness hat hasn't fully grown on me yet. It isn't because they don't do a bad job is is mainly because I don't like jazzy songs very much. Hey just finished Jet Set, and I love Chase Prouty's little solo at the end.

They just began their ballad. Amanda Paulsen is simply stunning. Her voice is perfect for this solo and I love it. She definitely deserved the best female soloist award she received at Davenport Big Dance. Happiness's ballad this year is also very good, an I am much in love with it, it just doesn't bring down the house like Hallelujah did last year. The ballad this year is just simply beautiful and when Bailey Textor has he solo at the end, it puts the icing on the cake.

There novelty has begun! Shane's little spiel at the beginning is equally as hilarious as his improv performance. The song goes through how to put on a competition and is surprisingly accurate and very funny. Maddy's "ballad" solo adds I the excitement and is also very good. Trevor Brammers solo is equally as funny.

Novelty is over, closer has started! Josh Payne is an amazing soloist in Ye song! The quartet that joins him and support him very well. In he background are the featured dances who all are great dancers and really add to the Party Rock effect. The entire closer is probably the favorite closer I have ever seen, even better than last years.

Their show just ended and it was as good as ever!

We now are moving onto he rest of the assembly. We have begun talking about National Merit Scholars, something I wish I had gotten, but unfortunately fell short. To be selected a National Merit Scholar is one of the most impressive awards you can receive at Kennedy High School. You can get a full-ride scholarship to many schools just because you are a National Merit Finalist.

We just recognized National Merit Scholar Scholarship awards.

Dr. W just said my name!!!! Oh Em Gee So exciting! I was recognized for being a representative of Kennedy at the Youth Leadership for Five Seasons.

The assembly is about to end as soon as Happiness sings the Alma Mater.

They just finished and they did a great job. Everyone is now leaving the gym while I am still sitting in my hair finishing this blog post. Thanks for reading my incredibly dumb play by play of the academic assembly at Kennedy High School Feb. 27, 2012

Word Count: 469


No comments:

Post a Comment