Thursday, February 16, 2012

Evil Doctor Candle Introduction

Elementary writing. I remember writing stories, much of which do not make sense to me today, once made perfect sense. In second grade I wrote a story called Evil Doctor Candle, it was long for the second grade, at least two notebook pages. I remember I was more concentrated on writing a funny story than an overall good story. It was an interesting account following my statement above. I’ll be honest, the storyline was TERRIBLE, and it hardly makes sense when I read it today. This Evil Doctor Candle story continued throughout elementary and I have produced two sequels, in third and fourth grade respectively. But as with movies, the sequels are never as good as the original and I never enjoyed them quite as much as the first.


When we had a chance to share our story with everyone else in the class, everyone was practically bouncing off the walls laughing. It was a sort of stupid humor; hilarious but at the same time was completely ridiculous. It was about an evil candle seeking to take over the world by bizarre ways. The good guys were a bunch of school supplies led by a walking, talking bed. In addition there was a mix of Power Rangers, Pokémon, SpongeBob, Music, and Looney Tunes throughout the story.


To go along with the wacky story, I had made illustrations on every page. I remember these the most. They were what really made it a funny story. They filled gaps in the writing making it have somewhat of a “basic” storyline that only an elementary student can comprehend. The series of Evil Doctor Candle stories was one of my favorite memories from elementary school. I remember all of this because it was truly my first story I had ever written, and although it wasn’t a great story it was still a very fun and positive experience.

Word Count: 313

No comments:

Post a Comment