Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Winter Term Finals: AP Physics, AP US, AP Calc


AP Physics B. This final was truly a mark of achievement. All year I have been earning B's and C's on Mr. Jensen's tests. This obviously has made my grade suffer. Even though it is an AP class and I get the GPA boost, it still has been the class that has been tanking my GPA the most. Without AP Physics, my GPA would without a doubt be much better.


Despite my misfortunes regarding my test grades in AP Physics, I must say, I dominated that final today. I earned an A- (30/33) and I am ecstatic. It is the highest grade I have received on A AP Physics test all year, definitely something to celebrate. I was even considering the idea of dropping the class due to the fact that it was hurting GPA so much.


On to AP US. This test I was worried about all term. Mr. B had warned us after the fall term final that he would be so easy on us for the final for winter term. Needless to say he was bluffing. He gave us an old AP test and had us working on it in groups. As if this was good enough, we were then allowed to take the test home that night and work on it! This obviously removed all the stress associated with this final, and everyone in my group received 100% on the final.

AP Calc is the only class I am extremely worried about. I had a few low test scores during the term that are really hurting my grade. I have utilized every extra credit opportunity there has been in order to counteract this. As far as the final, I don't think I got over a 70%... It is not looking good. I couldn't even do about 10 out of the 40 questions, so just that is 75%, and then I doubt I got all the others right as well, therefore I'm probably looking at a repeat of  fall term with some form of a D on the final. This is pretty depressing considering how hard I have worked in  AP Calc, just for some reason I struggle on the tests and quizzes

Other than AP Calc, I must say it was a very successful day of finals!

Word Count: 381

No comments:

Post a Comment