Sunday, November 6, 2011

Procrastination Part 1

The Dictionary.com definition of procrastination is the act or habit of procrastinating, or putting off or delaying,especially something requiring immediate attention: She was smart, but her constant procrastination led her to be late with almost every assignment.

Now the reason I am writing a blog about the topic is because, I am a huge procrastinator. You can tell right now by just looking at the number of blog posts I have. I have to have thirty posts by the end of the term. (November 18) At this exact moment, I have 11 posts. I am in for a rough couple of weeks going into the end of the term. I have 12 days until the end of the term, and 18 posts. To top this off, I also need to write most of my annotated bibliographies for AP Lang as well.

Some would say, "Wow! Your teacher is really mean assigning all of that at the end of the term," Unfortunately that is not the case. I would have to respond shamefully that I actually had the entire term to write the blog posts and the bibliographies. This, is the ultimate definition of procrastination. I have had plenty of time to work on and write these assignments all term. Despite this, my attitude was usually, "Oh I'll do it later, I don't have to worry about it because it isn't due until the end of the term. Well, it is the almost the end of the term, and it is now time to actually do the assignment.

I think procrastination can be devastating to both you and your learning. This is becasue putting things off until the last minute usually results in large, demanding hours of work. This is very physically taxing and stressful. You can become overwhelmed and end up not even doing the work.

Word Count: 306

No comments:

Post a Comment