Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Battlefield 3: The Cons

**Warning! There will be use of video game jargon in this post**

In this blog post I am going to analyze the cons of Battlefield 3. Despite there being numerous pros motioned in my last post, there are also large amounts of cons to it.

First and foremost is the game pace. As a result of having larger maps, individual Battlefield 3 games go sooo slowly. They seem to drag on for hours (not literally hours). But honestly some games can last upwards of a half of an hour. Matchmaking in Battlefield 3 is pretty good except for the fact that you cannot leave in between games, you must wait for the next game to start in order to “quit”.

Another large drawback of Battlefield 3 is that it takes an unreal number of shots to kill someone. On average it will take 7-10 shots to kill someone, obviously unreal. This can also add to overall frustration when a game is so good in so many aspects, but has one major flaw. Another small flaw is the tactical flashlight attachment. This blinds enemies when close, leaving them virtually defenseless. This feature is widely overused, resulting in growing frustration.

Some of the maps for the Rush game mode are extremely biased to one side. For example, Kharg Islands, is biased towards the defenders, it is this way because it is near impossible to win when you or on offense. Despite this, there are still many great maps.

Now for the jets…probably the most highly anticipated part of the entire game. They suck. No other way to put it. You are required to get 300 points in order to get your first unlock in a jet, a rather easy task for anything else. For jets it is different, they start out with just a machine gun that shoots straight. It is nearly impossible to kill anything with a jet. In my two weeks of playing the game, I have accumulated only 50 points in jets!

Overall the game seems to have its glitches, but almost all games have those. Also the game seems in general unpolished, meaning that there was a decent amount of room for improving the finishing touches of the game. Even with all these rants, the game is still awesome!

Word Count: 381

2 comments:

  1. I dont know where you are getting your info man. My games on
    Battlefield (conquest) last about 15-20 minutes. As for the jets, I
    have friends that have practically all the unlocks for Jets and can
    turn the tide of a game by himself. Now I dont know about this shots
    to kill, the SV98(recon class)=one shot kill in the head. And maybe if
    you are having trouble taking bases in rush, try some teamwork and
    everything seems to work out better. Hope you can learn to enjoy the game
    as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)I speak from personal experience.
    2) I don't play conquest
    3) The Jet thing? Yeah they hacked lol. But honestly it is more of a personal problem.
    4) Trust me, I've done the whole teamwork thing...it can work, I'm not saying that is impossible, but it is harder on some maps than others.
    5) I have never sniped in the game because I just flat out don't like it in Battlefield in general, I didn't like it in Bad Company 2, or 1943 either.
    6) I don't know how much I'll be playing it anymore now that MW3 is out =/

    ReplyDelete