Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On Keeping a Blog

Writing a blog is much more than telling a story. Writing a blog is telling the thoughts and feelings behind that story. Blogging can have much more of a meaning than simply writing down your day’s activities. Blogging collects your activities from the day, and organizes them into the thoughts and emotions.

When I sit down to write a blog, I think about my day and what I thought about during that day. Usually I channel those thoughts into either a persuasive or informational blog. Other times when I blog, I find myself rushed (like now) because I have procrastinated. When this happens I often have to write about uninteresting topics.

Eventually I get to writing. When I do I usually will write my entire blog post in one sitting. But, sometimes when I have activities, I can conveniently save it on blogger.com, and come back to it later. I don’t like to split up the work because sometimes you can forget crucial details you intended to include when you were originally typing up a blog post. Then again, this could also be helpful because it allows you to think about and develop you blog post’s purpose while working on something else. Sometimes all you need from something is a break to get the creative juices flowing.

The benefits of writing a blog are numerous. If you read them later on, they remind you of certain thoughts you had on the given day. Blogging is also a way to simply express your feelings behind your actions. If something is going on that day that you want to talk to someone about, blogging can be your way of venting your feelings. Instead of talk to someone in person, it is similar to talking to the blogging community. These are some of the great benefits of blogging!

Word Count: 305

No comments:

Post a Comment