Monday, September 26, 2011

My Love and Fears for Gadgets Part 1

As you could probably tell from my last post about my Ipad, I love it. It is extremely fun to use while also being adept to all my needs and wants. I also have a number of other gadgets and electronics that I love including my laptop, my droid, my desktop computer, my Xbox, my GPS, and my numerous Ipods. Now sure many of you guys are thinking "Nerd!" but call me what you want, I have a love for technology.

What comes along with all of these gadgets are the fears of them breaking or something happening to them. Much of these gadgets come as an investment to me, and I usually opt out of the available "insurance" with the mindset that I will be extremely careful. That has been completely true, so far, but now that I am blogging about it I am sure to drop something..., but it is true that I have been as careful as I can be and have never so much as cracked a screen on any of my devices. 

I have had my close calls though. For example, during an away freshman football game I brought my Ipod Touch for the bus ride, and on the way back I noticed a large crack across the screen. Now at the time this Ipod was relatively new, so you can understand how upset I was. It wasn't until later that night that I came across the idea that maybe it was just the screen protector that was scratched. To my relief, I pulled off the screen protector and low and behold, the "crack" disappeared. 

My Xbox on the other hand did end up breaking at one instance. I had just gotten back from a friend’s house where I had brought my Xbox over to so we could play together. Upon plugging everything back in at my house, and turning it back on, there it was. What every Xbox owner dreads, the Red Ring of Death. This is a flashing red ring that indicates that there has been a hardware malfunction within the Xbox. I had two options, one was to just buy a new Xbox, the other option was to send my Xbox in and wait a month for them to fix it and send it back. I chose to just send it in and have them fix it. This would have cost $130 dollars, but luckily for me, my Xbox had about 2 weeks left in its warranty so I got it for free.

Word Count: 421

No comments:

Post a Comment