Sunday, September 25, 2011

ipad and iloveit

Let’s start off by letting you know that I own an Ipad 16 GB version. Now some of you might think that is completely ridiculous for a high school student to own an Ipad. Now that could go both ways, in some ways it is very helpful. It can be especially useful at school now with the school-wide Wi-Fi. 


Some pros of having one in school are it is lighter and easier to carry around than a laptop. It is also smaller than a laptop, allowing you to take up less of that valuable backpack space. It is handy for looking up quick facts or looking up words on Dictionary.com. You can play games on it in your free time. You can do general surfing the web anywhere with Wi-Fi. You can also get an Ipad with 3G allowing you to surf the web anywhere, regardless of Wi-Fi. But that can get expensive because it is $20 a month. Even then it is relatively slow internet and limited data plans.

Some cons are obviously that they are expensive. $500 expensive. Especially for student without a job. I initially bought an Ipad for the sole reason that I wanted one. I had no specific plans for what I would use it for and such, I just wanted it. I can now say that it was well worth. I also have a laptop, a relatively large laptop at that, 17 inches and a couple of pounds. I almost never move it. I usually just keep it in my room and move it if I really need to. But have an Ipad has seriously cut down on my time in my room and on my laptop, I can do most things I would do on my laptop, on my Ipad. The only thing I usually do on my laptop still rather than on my Ipad is blogging or typing a paper. I personally don't believe I could write a whole paper on a virtual keyboard. Plus you would have to download a $10 app just to use as a word processor.


Despite these cons, I love having an Ipad, and it is extremely easy and fun to use for both work and play.


Word Count: 348

No comments:

Post a Comment