Saturday, September 24, 2011

Credit Card Cluster Cont.

This system explained below works much like you see in commercials for telephone service. The telephone company offers a great deal such as 29.99/month for the first year, but then afterwards the price hikes up to 99.99/month. At this point the figure since people have already set up their phone for that specific telephone company, many will just continue to pay the ridiculous price instead of going through the hassle of changing telephone companies. 


The icing on the cake for my Xbox live ordeal was what sent me over the edge. I scoured xbox.com/live for a way to cancel the monthly subscription that I was over paying for. After about 10 minutes of searching their website, I decided to call their toll-free number, something anyone dreads doing. After pressing about 5 different buttons through automated prompts I got on hold for an operator. I was on hold for about 15 more minutes while they played horrible music, in addition to running an advertisement every 30 seconds. Then once I finally got to speak to a gentleman named Sam, he tried to sell me just about everything Xbox had to offer before he would finally cancel my monthly subscription. 


Sometimes I just wish people and big time companies can just be honest with you. Everything seems to be a scam these days. These days you have to be extra careful in a society where everyone is trying to earn a dishonest buck. It worked on me; I fell for their little trick. Surely they didn’t get me in the long run, but they still made me pay double what I should have to for one month. It isn’t so much this one instance that they physically got five extra dollars out of me. It is just that it physically happened. On a larger scale this could be a much bigger problem, and as many have said before me, if it happened to me, it could happen to you.

And that was my credit card cluster.


Word Count: 334

No comments:

Post a Comment