Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Police Ride-Along Part 3

This post will be a continuation of my previous post. Right now I am in the middle of describing one of the adventures I went on that night.

At this point I was freaking out on the inside. Officer Doyle had just come pack to get into his SWAT uniform! It was apparent that things were getting serious.  After Officer Doyle had left again there were three more police cars that had pulled up and parked behind where I was parked. I would watch as they would get out of the squad car and head down the road. One squad car was a K-9 unit. Two officers with ballistic shields got out of another car. Needless to say, things were getting interesting. Because I was parked so far away and behind a truck, I had no idea what was going on. I was sitting there for at least 45 minutes just wondering about the event unfolding.

After that anxious 45 minutes, a different officer came back to the squad car. I was relieved to see that things were over. At this point the officer pulled the squad car up to the house they had been at. They put the suspect they had arrested at the house in the back of the squad car I was in. For about a minute it was just me, and "Joe", and it was a little awkward. He asked me what I was doing, but I didn't respond and I just ignored him-as Officer Doyle had instructed me to do should there be someone in the back of the squad car. Personally I found "Joe" amusing. He was complaining and for some reason was humorous to me.

Next they transferred "Joe" to a different squad car and took him off to jail. Officer Doyle brought me into the house that they had been surrounding and let me observe as they searched the house. They took the K-9 unit through and found both marijuana as well as a razor blade believed to have been used for cutting up crack rocks. Unfortunately since "Joe" did not live at this house, and he had broken in, they could not tie the drugs to either the owner of the house or "Joe".

I thought this experience was my favorite of the night. After rereading through it, I feel as though I have left out some of the details, or at least that it doesn't sound as "exciting" as when I explained my adventures in person. I will continue soon with Police Ride-Along Part 4, that post will include the rest of my Ride-Along adventures and wrap up the series.

Word Count: 440

No comments:

Post a Comment