Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Angels and Demons Annotated Bibliography

Brown, Dan. Angels & Demons. New York: Atria, 2003. Print. (569)

Angels and Demons is one of the most interesting books I have ever read. Both my mom and sister had read it a long time ago when it first came out, but it was a little too advanced for me at the time. I decided to read Angels and Demons for two main reasons, the first because I needed 500 more pages to complete my reading requirement, the second because I absolutely loved The Da Vinci Code, and I figured if I enjoyed that, I would enjoy Angels and Demons. After reading The Da Vinci Code, I rented the movie and as with every other scenario, the book was way better than the movie. For Angels and Demons, my mom has already bought the movie and I plan to watch it sometime late this week, but I assume it can’t be as good as the book.
Angels and Demons fit right into the type of books I like. I like books that are intense and dramatic, books that keep you up late wanting to read more and more. This book did just that. I found myself up until two in the morning the last couple night reading the book. It is just that good. Traditionally I enjoy the mystery genre and this book fulfilled that quite well. I love the deep, complex thought that goes on in professor Langdon’s head while is thinking something through. I find him thinking at a level that I would never even consider in day to day life.
As with The Da Vinci Code,   I feel as though this book is on a much higher level of thinking than other books I have read. This is part of why I love these books. I take special love into the deep religious history that goes into the making of these books. Dan Brown has gained my respect as a hugely accomplished, New York Times Bestseller. I look forward to reading more books written by Dan Brown in the future as the one I have read thus far are simply amazing.

Word Count: 355

No comments:

Post a Comment