Wednesday, March 14, 2012

T1 vs. T2

Something that I have noticed in our AP Lang class is the differences between term 1 and term 2. Term 2 felt like it was taking much rigorously, and was all around more difficult. Term 2 seemed like we were more serious about what we were doing, essentially making it less fun.

One of the key factors that that supports my theory is my grade in the class. My grade during the second term has gone down two percent from first term, resulting in an overall worse grade in the class and a worse grade point average. Historically winter term has been my worst term as far as grade point average is concerned. I have no idea why it is this way, but it has become increasingly frustrating.

I have noticed a difference in Ms. A's attitude also. During the first trimester she was much more free spirited and seemed much less stressed. Since she has complained about her AP Lang classes not have "AP Students". I agree with the notion because there a definitely some people in her classes that are not traditional AP students and I believe that they should be in a different class, but ultimately it is not my decision.

These things have definitely stressed out Ms. A, and you can tell. She has that essence about her that expresses her as stressed. She seems rarely in a good mood anymore. She is often fighting the class for control, which is extremely stressful because some students in her classes are very stubborn and always want their way.

Ms. A is the greatest thing that changed between the two trimesters. Her different "mood" provides an entirely different environment for learning. I think that this is the main cause making term 2 an all around worse term than term 1.

 Word Count: 302

                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment